Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Yves Saint Laurent Spring 2011

What I always liked about the Yves Saint Laurent house is that the YSL woman is a very strong, powerful and attractive woman. Yves Saint Laurent made women's fantasies become reality and created the woman that we all wish to be. There is in Stefano Pilati's collection and vision, the YSL touch: the sheer blouse, the smoking turned into a dress and the safari dress turned into a trench/dress which I love. This Spring collection represents the French woman par excellence, a parisian a la provencale if you like. I love the latine dresses which makes you want to twirl and yet the cuts are rigid, almost strict. I have not always been a fan of Stefano Pilati because I liked Yves Saint Laurent too much to be attracted to Pilati's minimalism but I have to admit that this season I was touched by Pilati's simplicity and sophistication.

















No comments:

Post a Comment